Art+Life+Me

I am an artist working across the spheres of fine art and craft, working in printmaking, embroidery, drawing, collage and photography. I enjoy creating, imagining, laying pen to paper, thread to fabric, collage, printing, etching, writing, stitching, paper of all kinds, text, physical objects, forgotten objects, the disregarded, the decayed, the lonely. It has been two years since I graduated from Bradford School of Art, I have in that time lived in Bristol for over a year, had several exhibitions, moved to Manchester, started taking commissions, but also been un-employed, moved back to Halifax, really got into drawing again thanks to a day job in which not much thinking or concentrating on the actual job needs to take place, drawing has been my heart and minds saving grace. I am making things I love and hoping to get my foot on the ladder, exhibiting and selling at art fairs. I'm here and I hope to develop and progress, draw, inspire, create and with this blog I hope to make sense of ......art+life+me.

Sunday 5 December 2010

Small Works Exhibition, Todmorden, see my work amongst many others!!

A wonderful gallery, The Water Street Gallery, in Todmorden, Lancashire invited me to exhibit in their Small Works Exhibition.  It runs until 30th January 2011, and its a really beautiful space and there are so many other great artists involved.  I have 6 prints in the exhibition, I sold one on the preview day...how exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment