Art+Life+Me

I am an artist working across the spheres of fine art and craft, working in printmaking, embroidery, drawing, collage and photography. I enjoy creating, imagining, laying pen to paper, thread to fabric, collage, printing, etching, writing, stitching, paper of all kinds, text, physical objects, forgotten objects, the disregarded, the decayed, the lonely. It has been two years since I graduated from Bradford School of Art, I have in that time lived in Bristol for over a year, had several exhibitions, moved to Manchester, started taking commissions, but also been un-employed, moved back to Halifax, really got into drawing again thanks to a day job in which not much thinking or concentrating on the actual job needs to take place, drawing has been my heart and minds saving grace. I am making things I love and hoping to get my foot on the ladder, exhibiting and selling at art fairs. I'm here and I hope to develop and progress, draw, inspire, create and with this blog I hope to make sense of ......art+life+me.

Saturday 12 March 2011

My Arrival in Uruguay.....where the adventure begins....

I arrived in Uruguay on 1st March 2011, after three connecting flights from Heathrow, stopping at Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires and finally the place which will be my home for the next six months.....Montevideo.  One first hiccup was 'no luggage', it just didn't arrive!!!  We went to the desk, Jordoon had his luggage ticket, but, oh yes, I had lost mine!!!!  Disaster struck, they put us both on the same claim, and with our claim form, we trotted off to find a bus to 'Tes Cruces'.  We were successful in picking the right bus, so with only our hand luggage we embarked on the unknown.

We met JC our fellow volunteer from 'Everythings Possible', he has been here for 8 months, his Spanish is perfect and he has been fully emerged into Uruguayan life. The three of us went to visit the Language school we will be working at, the two women that we will be working with were lovely, so kind and welcoming.  They would be my helpers in the return of my luggage!!!

After our visit to Guildford, we caught the bus through the city, all the new sights and sounds and smells that we will eventually become accustomed to filled our senses, a new air to breathe, we were excited to see our new home.  We were not disappointed, we rocked up to a fabulous 1800's terrace with balconies at the front, we opened the door to a marble staircase and a stained glass ceiling, a little run down, but oh so perfect with it, much like Montevideo, it has an old charm.
Here a few pictures of what I have seen so far.....more to come along with more tales of the adventure.

1 comment:

  1. This is so nice art,this art is original art.thnks for lots of good information in your posting,This is very interesting post.I am really thankful to you for providing this unique information .
    Thanks a lot! Etching prints

    ReplyDelete